Ingredients – Cookies
• 1 cup melted almond butter
• 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk (or any non-dairy milk)
• 2 tbsp ground flax
• 1/3 cup good quality, unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1/2 cup coconut sugar
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• sprinkle of sea salt
• 1/4 cup good quality chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate (use sugar-free if you’re diabetic)
Ingredients – For the center
• 1 tub of Virtue Ice Cream – any flavour
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius
- In a large bowl combine almond butter and almond milk until fully mixed.
- Stir in flax, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, baking soda and sea salt until it all comes together.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- If the mixture is a little wet (this will depend on your almond butter), place the batter in fridge for 30 mins to set.
- Divide dough into 12 balls, roll and flatten with your palm directly onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 13-15 mins or until edges are brown. Remove from oven and let cool on sheet for 10 mins before removing from sheet. This step is important, don’t remove them from the sheet before 10 minutes is up or they’ll stick.
- Remove from sheet and allow to cool completely or place in a freezer to speed up the process. Cookies should not be hot or warm when making sandwiches.
- Place a scoop (about a 1/4 cup) of your favourite Virtue Ice Cream in centre of one cookie and top with another. You may need to re-shape cookie slightly gently.
- Smooth down sides with a knife, if desired.
- Store in freezer until ready to serve.